Plan 501Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many times a year can I have my teeth cleaned?
- Teeth cleanings are discounted at the price listed in the Fee Schedule as often as you like.
- Q: What is work in progress? Is it discounted?
- Work in progress is dental work that was started prior to joining the plan. The dentist who started the dental work must complete work in progress after joining the dental plan. Any dental procedures performed by a nonparticipating dentist are not discounted.
- Q: Are cosmetic procedures discounted? If so, what procedures?
- Some providers will offer a discount for implants and cosmetic services.
- Q: Is Orthodontia discounted? What are the Orthodontia services? If yes, is Invisalign braces discounted?
- Orthodontia services are included as shown on the fee schedule. Invisalign braces are typically not discounted.
- Q: Is this insurance?
- No, it is a discount dental plan.
- Q: Can I change my dentist once I am in the plan?
- Yes, you may change to any participating dentist at any time for any reason.
- Q: My dentist isn't currently in the directory. What can I do?
- Careington is currently increasing their recruiting staff in order to further the growth and strengthening of their dental network. You may nominate your dentist by filling out a Provider Nomination Form.
- Q: How long does it take to process my application?
- Applications requesting to be effective for the current month are entered into the membership database. Most applications are entered same day as received or within 24 hours of receipt. Applications received with a future month effective date are held to be entered on/about the 15th of the month preceding the requested effective date.
- Q: When will I receive my membership package and what will it include?
- You will receive your membership package 10 - 14 business days from the time the member is entered into the Careington member database. Your membership package will include a welcome letter, 2 cards, program details and a fee schedule.
- Q: If I choose to pay by credit card, what will my credit card statement read?
- Your credit card statement will read Careington International.
- Q: If I choose to pay by Bank Account Draft (ACH), what will my bank statement read?
- Your Bank Account Draft (ACH) will read Careington International.
- Q: Is the processing fee billed separately or with the plan payment?
- The processing fee is billed with the initial payment.
- Q: Can I change my payment type once I am in the plan?
- Q: If I started with monthly payment, can I change it to annual payment at a later date?
- Q: Do the applicant name and the billing name need to be the same?
- No. Payment may be paid on behalf of someone else.
- Q: What if I need to change my membership from Individual to Family?
- Please call Careington's member services and they will add your family members to the plan at no additional cost.
- Q: how do I add or cancel membership for additional members?
- Please call Careington's member services and they will assist in adding or canceling your membership for additional members.
- Q: If I cancel the policy, will I receive a refund of the payment or processing fee?
- Written cancellation notices received by Careington within 30 days of joining (or annual renewal date) are able to receive a refund of membership fees paid for that period. Processing fees are specifically non-refundable. Verbal cancellation requests are not accepted.
THIS PLAN IS NOT INSURANCE and is not intended to replace health insurance. This plan does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under M.G.L. c.111M and 956 CMR 5.00. This plan is not a Qualified Health Plan under the Affordable Care Act. This is not a Medicare prescription drug plan. The range of discounts will vary depending on the type of provider and service. The plan does not pay providers directly. Plan members must pay for all services but will receive a discount from participating providers. The list of participating providers is available here. A written list of participating providers is available upon request. You may cancel within the first 30 days after receipt of membership materials and receive a full refund, less a nominal processing fee (nominal fee for MD residents is $5, AR and TN residents will be refunded processing fee). Discount Medical Plan Organization and administrator: Careington International Corporation, 7400 Gaylord Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034; phone 800-441-0380. This plan is not available in Vermont or Washington.