Hollywood Smile 1500Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How many times a year can I have my teeth cleaned?
- Two cleanings per calendar year.
- Q: What is a pre-existing condition? Is it covered?
- A pre-existing condition is an oral health condition, which existed before your enrollment in a dental program. The plan does not include an exclusion for pre-existing conditions.
- Q: What is work in progress? Is it covered?
- Work in progress is any oral health procedure that is started and not completed prior to your enrollment in a dental program. The plan does not cover any expenses prior to the date you are covered under the Policy.
- Q: Are cosmetic procedures covered? If so, what procedures?
- There are no benefits for cosmetic procedures.
- Q: Is Orthodontia Covered? What are the Orthodontia benefits?
- There is no coverage for Orthodontia.
- Q: Do I need to obtain claim forms?
- Most providers use an industry accepted form for submission to an insurance carrier. In the event your provider asks for a claim form, please contact the administrator.
- Q: Is this insurance?
- Yes, Hollywood Smile 1500 is a dental insurance plan offered through Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
- Q: Can I change my dentist once I am in the plan?
- Yes, you may change your dentist at any time. (If your dentist isn't currently in the directory please contact Ameritas at (800) 487-5553)
- Q: How long does it take to process my application?
- Your application will be processed within 5 days of receipt.
- Q: When will I receive my enrollment package and what will it include?
- You will receive your enrollment package within 10-14 days of submission of your application. Your enrollment package will include a welcome letter, insurance documents and ID card.
- Q: If I choose to pay by credit card, what will my credit card statement read?
- When paying by credit card, your statement will read "Ameritas."
- Q: If I choose to pay by Bank Account Draft (ACH), what will my bank statement read?
- In most cases, the transaction field on your statement will read "Insurance". This varies based on your bank.
- Q: Can I change my payment type once I am in the plan?
- Yes, you may contact member services (800-296-3800) to change your billing mode.
- Q: If I started with monthly payment, can I change it to annual payment at a later date?
- Yes, you may change your payment method at a later date; however, an annual payment method isn’t available. This plan allows for monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual billing. You may choose any of these payment methods.
- Q: Do the applicant name and billing name need to be the same?
- No, the applicant name and the billing name do not need to be the same.
- Q: What if I need to change my membership from Individual to Family Coverage?
- Contact member services (800-296-3800) to add any dependents to your membership.
- Q: How do I add or cancel coverage for a dependent?
- Contact member services (800-296-3800) to add or cancel coverage for a dependent.
- Q: If I cancel the policy, will I receive a refund of the premium or processing fee?
- If you pay quarterly or semi-annually, you will receive a pro-rated refund for the unused months.
Underwritten by Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. | PO Box 82520 | Lincoln, NE 68501-2520
This provides a very brief description of some of the important features of this insurance policy. It is not the insurance policy and does not represent it. A full explanation of benefits, exceptions and limitations is contained in the Individual Dental Policy Form Indiv. 9000 Rev. 07-16 and/or Vision Policy Form Indiv. 9000 Ed. 07-16 V. Premium rates may change upon renewal. This policy is renewable at the option of the insured. This product may not be available in all states and is subject to individual state regulations.
Ameritas, the bison design, "fulfilling life" and product names designated with SM or ® are service marks or registered service marks of Ameritas Life Insurance Corp., affiliate Ameritas Holding Company or Ameritas Mutual Holding Company. All other brands are property of their respective owners. ® 2019 Ameritas Mutual Holding Company.