Plan IIIFrequently Asked Questions
- Q: How many times a year can I have my teeth cleaned?
- Routine cleanings are generally covered two times per contract/benefit year.
- Q: What is a pre-existing condition? Is it covered?
- A pre-existing condition is any dental or oral health condition, which existed before joining the plan. There are no exclusions for pre-existing dental conditions.
- Q: What is work in progress? Is it covered?
- Work in progress is dental work that was started prior to joining the plan. The dentist who started the dental work must complete work in progress after you join the dental plan. Work in progress is not covered.
- Q: Are implants covered?
- Implants are not a covered benefit under this plan.
- Q: Are orthodontics covered?
- Orthodontic services are not covered under this plan.
- Q: Is tooth whitening covered?
- Tooth whitening is not a covered benefit under this plan.
- Q: Do I need to obtain claim forms? Where do I send claims?
- Participating dentists will submit your claim for you. If you choose a nonparticipating dentist, you or your dentist should send your claims to:
P.O. Box 9085
Farmington Hills, MI 48333-9085
- Q: Is this insurance?
- Yes. The Delta Dental PPO Plan III is dental insurance.
- Q: Can I change my dentist once I am in the plan?
- Yes. You are free to choose any licensed dentist, but you will save more money by using a Delta Dental participating dentist.
- Q: When will I receive my new member kit and what will it include?
- You will receive your new member kit within 5-10 business days. The kit will include the State specific policy information, Plan Summary and ID cards.
- Q: If I choose to pay by credit card, what will my credit card statement read?
- Delta Dental
- Q: If I choose to pay by Bank Account Draft (ACH), what will my bank statement read?
- Delta Dental
- Q: Can I change my payment type once I am in the member plan?
- Yes. You can call our Customer Service Department and they can assist you.
- Q: Do the applicant name and the billing name need to be the same?
- No, the applicant name and the billing name do not need to be the same.
- Q: What if I need to change my coverage from Individual to Family?
- Please contact our Customer Service Department and they will assist you.
- Q: How do I add or cancel coverage for a dependent?
- Please contact our Customer Service Department and they will assist in adding or canceling your coverage for additional members.