Plan AFrequently Asked Questions
- Q: How many times a year can I have my teeth cleaned?
- The Plan A pays for 2 check-ups and cleanings at the dentist EVERY year!
- Q: What is a pre-existing condition? Is it covered?
- A pre-existing condition is an oral health condition, which existed before your enrollment in a dental program. The plan does not include an exclusion for pre-existing conditions
- Q: What is work in progress? Is it covered?
- Work in progress is any oral health procedure that is started and not completed prior to your enrollment in a dental program. The plan does not cover any expenses prior to the date you are covered under the Policy.
- Q: Is Orthodontia Covered? If yes, is Invisalign braces covered?
- Not yet! We are currently developing a product for child orthodontia. Please check back often for updates.
- Q: Do I need to obtain claim forms?
- When going to an in-network dentist, there are no claim forms. The dentist will submit the bill for you. When going to an out-of-network provider, you will submit a claim form and then we will send you a check for what your benefits covered. You can obtain a claim form by calling 1-866-605-2642
- Q: Is there a waiting period?
- No waiting period for Preventative and Basic Services, 12 months waiting period for Major Services.
- Q: Is this insurance?
- Yes, this is insurance.
- Q: Can I change my dentist once I am in the plan?
- Yes, you may change your dentist at any time.
- Q: How long does it take to process my application?
- It takes 2-3 business days to process your application.
- Q: When will I receive my enrollment package and what will it include?
- You can expect to receive your coverage materials in about 2 weeks of submission of your application. Your enrollment package will include your ID card and your insurance coverage materials.
- Q: If I choose to pay by credit card, what will my credit card statement read?
- Your credit card statement will read: SB *Encore Dental Ins - 800-527-8702
- Q: If I choose to pay by Bank Account Draft (ACH), what will my bank statement read?
- Your bank statement will read: 07C 1-800-527-9027 1030164230 SBL LIFE
- Q: Can I change my method of payment once I am in the plan?
- Yes, you can call us at any time to change your method of payment.
- Q: What if I need to change my membership from Individual to Family Coverage?
- Contact member services to add any dependents to your membership.
- Q: If I cancel the policy, will I receive a refund of the premium or processing fee?
- You have a 30-Day, 100% Money-Back Review Period
When you receive your Policy/Certificate of Coverage, review it for 30 days. If you are not completely satisfied, return it within that time and your coverage will be cancelled and your premium will be refunded in full as long as you haven’t made any claims. You have the right to cancel this coverage at any time for any reason. To cancel, you will need to notify Transamerica Life Insurance Company that you wish to cancel and discontinue coverage. If you cancel this coverage, we can reject any new dental insurance application/enrollment form you submit during the one year period following the date of cancellation. Coverage can stop if 1) the Group Policy stops, 2) coverage is cancelled for everyone in your class, or 3) the insured performs an act of fraud or makes a material misrepresentation regarding this coverage. If coverage is to be discontinued due to reasons 1 or 2, we will notify you 60 days in advance.
Policy/Certificate #: SLDT1000IP/SLDT1000GC/GC537/D491