- No age limits
- $150 per person lifetime deductible on orthodontics
- Calendar year maximum $2000 per person
- 12 month waiting period for major care and orthodontics
- Keep your dental plan regardless of your age
- Ortho benefits for dependents included at no extra charge
- Benefits increase after the first and second years
- No questions about your past dental history
About the Carrier
At Delta Dental Insurance Company, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to generations of families. For over 50 years, we have worked to improve oral health by emphasizing preventative care and making dental coverage accessible to a wide variety of employers, groups and individuals.
Delta Dental is the largest and oldest dental plan system in the country. Our roots go back to 1954 with the formation of dental service corporations in California, Oregon and Washington, which were created by dentists who recognized the need to increase access to oral health care. Led by Washington Dental Service (WDS), we began by providing dental benefit programs for organized labor unions.
Delta Dental Plans Association was created in 1966 to bring together these local state service organizations and coordinate dental benefit programs for customers with employees in multiple states. A year later, the first multi-state program was sold by WDS to the International Association of Machinists, beginning a cycle of continued growth and expansion for Delta Dental Plans Association. WDS ceded the administration for enrollees in other states to other Delta Dental member companies and contracted with the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Association for administration in those states without a Delta Dental affiliate organization.
Coverage was provided this way until the late 1980s when the Delta Dental of California (DDCA) won the bid for the Office of the Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services (CHAMPUS) program. Delta Dental member companies agreed to share its provider data so the administration of this very large account could be centralized, with Delta Dental of California sharing the administrative income and risk. The CHAMPUS program led to the creation of the National Provider File (NPF), which was made available for commercial accounts in 1990 via Delta USA – providing Delta Dental coverage to organizations with employees and subscribers located in multiple states.
Today, the Delta Dental Plans Association is comprised of 39 independent Delta Dental Member Companies operating in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. These member companies provide coverage to 46 million people, enrolled in over 80,000 groups that are either administered locally or nationally.
Delta Dental continues its commitment to:
- Bring together its independent state service organizations;
- Serve as a conduit for member companies to provide multi-state and national coverage to customers; and
- Increase the availability of dental care to the millions of people working and living in the United States.
100 First Street
San Francisco, CA 94105