Bringing Confections into Halloween Celebrations
Sugar rationing in the United States during World War II may have delayed the use of candy as a treat to prevent a trick. By the 1950s, confectioners realized that a huge money maker was within their reach. The annual expenditure of $2.5 billion that Americans spend on Halloween candies is slightly less than they pay for costumes. The California Milk Processors Board estimates that a candy Jack-o-Lantern contains about three pounds of sugar, a challenge to your Oral Health.When the celebration of Halloween in the US was getting started, trick-or-treaters were likely to get a piece of fruit, pennies or a toy. The practice of ringing a stranger’s doorbell and expecting a treat occurred sporadically in the early 1940s, but trick-or-treating was not widespread until the later years of the decade.Debunking Misconceptions about Tooth Damage
Concern for your Oral Health is justifiable when sugary treats are available, and your parental worries include the damage that they cause to your children’s teeth. Halloween focuses on receiving as many sweets as possible in return for doing no harm with egging or Tpeeing a home. The greatest harm comes not from eating them but from letting them remain on the teeth.
Candy does not cause tooth decay, and it does not make your teeth fall out. The more likely cause of Rotting Teeth is the sticky substance that clings to surfaces and creates cavities. The best defense is to brush after eating the starches and sugars that are in all carbohydrates. Dental Insurance helps defray the costs of repairing damage from inadequate tooth care.
Candy is No Halloween Grimlin – Identify Sources of Sugar
The American diet gets only 10 percent of its total sugar content from candies. The other 90 percent comes from frozen desserts, pies, cakes and donuts, sodas and sweetened fruit juices, colas and ice cream. The bakery and frozen dessert sections of your local grocery occupy significant space that reflects their importance from a sales standpoint. Nutrition labels show the grams of sugar that are in food that you may not think of as sweet. The need to repair Rotting Teeth is often the result of failing to brush at least twice a day, and a Dental Insurance policy can help you cover trips to the dentist.
The calories in candies may surprise you, providing a lower amount than you may expect. You can enjoy eight jelly beans for 115 calories, and a butterscotch disc accounts for only 20. A serving of one of the most popular Halloween candies, caramel corn, contains 26 pieces and 150 calories. The National Confectioners’ Association projects the production of 35 million pounds of it annually. Setting up a good Oral Health routine is essential to preventing Rotting Teeth, and dental insurance is equally important to financial health. Take the opportunity to ensure both today.