A. Enrollment and Eligibility
It’s easy! To join, simply fill out the registration form. Everyone is able to sign up for this plan.
B. Your Active Date
Your application will be processed and membership activated within 48 hours of receipt. You will receive your Member Guide and Cards via USPS within 7 – 10 days after your application is processed and membership activated. However, you can utilize the benefits immediately after activation, by accessing your member portal and printing out a temporary card.
C. How does the AmeriPlan Dental Plus plan works?
As long as you pay the applicable membership fee, your acceptance is automatic. This plan is NOT insurance and does not make payments directly to providers for services. The Plan member is obligated to pay all healthcare services but will receive a discount from those healthcare providers who have contracted with the Discount Medical Plan Organization.
This is a Discount Medical Program, NOT INSURANCE, you are responsible for payment of provider fees for services.
D. Choice of Provider
You must seek services from independent and chain-participating network providers to receive discounted dental services.
AmeriPlan’s® dentists meet all the state board requirements for the state in which they practice. It is best to establish yourself and your family members as patients with a program dentist as soon as possible.
E. If you need a dental specialist*
Your regular program dentist is called a general dentist and does several types of dental procedures, sometimes including treatment that is also done by a specialist.
A program specialist is a dentist with an advanced degree who specializes in one area of dentistry such as root canals, braces, or oral surgery, etc. If you need special dental treatment, your program general dentist may send you to see an AmeriPlan® specialist where you will receive reduced fees for treatment. Exception would be for orthodontics, as you may go directly to this specialist.
* All specialists may not be available in all areas.
F. Emergency Dental Services
Emergency services can be utilized and the benefits will be applied based on the type of service needed.
G. Cancellation Policy
If you are not satisfied within 30 days of your activation date, you may cancel your membership by written request.
- By mail: AmeriPlan® Bank and Credit Card Department
5700 Democracy Drive, Plano, Texas 75024.
- By facsimile to: 469-229-4595.
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You MUST include your member number with your cancellation request.
AmeriPlan will not collect additional membership fees once your cancellation request is processed.
Refunds: If you are not satisfied within 30 days of your activation date you may cancel and receive a refund of the membership fee paid. The one-time registration fee is Non-refundable. Please allow 30 days processing time for refunds. Cancellations received after the 30 day deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
AmeriPlan is not responsible for money paid for healthcare services and products received from providers.
NO TELEPHONE CANCELLATION REQUESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
H. Termination of Membership
AmeriPlan® can cancel a membership for any of these reasons:
- If a member or a dependent member permits or commits fraud by unauthorized use of the membership card(s).
- If there is a chronic unsatisfactory provider/patient relationship. Cancellation will occur only after reasonable efforts are made to establish and maintain satisfaction between both parties. If cancellation is necessary, the member will be notified prior to cancellation and the member’s account will be credited or a refund check issued for any unused portion of the membership dues.
- If the Programs are withdrawn nationally or from the geographic area where the member lives.
If a membership is cancelled, the participating providers will complete any work covered that began before the cancellation date. The member must pay the provider’s usual fees for any work that is done after the cancellation date.
- Services for injuries or conditions that are covered under Workmen’s Compensation or Employers Liability Laws.
- Cost of dental care covered under automobile, medical, no fault or similar type insurance.
- Services that cannot be performed because of the general health of the patient.
- Any hospital or medical charges of any kind, except for general anesthesia, performed in a dental office.
- Out of pocket or expenses for dental procedures performed by an out-of network dental office.
- Reduced fees will not be honored if dental treatment is already in progress or if the patient’s membership is no longer valid.
- Any member accepted for orthodontic treatment through the program must remain a member for the full duration of their treatment or risk additional charges from their program orthodontist.
- A patient’s existing dental or medical condition may necessitate extra precautionary procedures and require additional charges.
- Any treatment not specifically included in the skill and learning of the Plan dentist.
- Discount on dentist’s cost of implant fixtures.
* This program is not insurance coverage and does not reimburse you or the dentist.
J. Grievance Procedures/Arbitration of Claims
Any issue, dispute, claim or controversy (collectively, the "Claim") between you and
AmeriPlan, arising out of or relating to your membership, shall be resolved by binding arbitration at the AmeriPlan headquarters in Plano, Texas. The Claim shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas.
A party alleging a Claim shall send to the party against whom the Claim is asserted a written notice of its intention to submit the Claim to confidential and binding arbitration (the "Demand") under the Commercial Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association (AAA). The Demand shall be sent to the other party no later than ten (10) business days prior to filing the Demand with the AAA office authorized to administer the arbitration.
An award may be confirmed by a court of competent jurisdiction, the right of either party to appeal confirmation of the award shall be governed by the provisions of the Federal Arbitration Act.
Your health insurance is your primary coverage. This supplemental program may duplicate services and products under your insurance. AmeriPlan® Corporation does not guarantee the quality of services or products offered by Network providers beyond confirming that the required professional licenses are held in active status.
Louisiana Residents Only:
La.R.S. 22:1260.7.D.2.k – If the member remains dissatisfied after completing the organization’s complaint system, the plan member may contact the state insurance department.
Oklahoma Residents Only:
If you cancel your membership within the first thirty (30) days of receipt of the discount card and this Membership Information Guide, you will receive reimbursement of the periodic charges you paid. The return of all periodic charges will be made within thirty (30) days of the date of cancellation. If all periodic charges have not been paid within thirty (30) days, interest shall be assessed and paid on the proceeds at a rate of the Treasury Bill rate of the preceding calendar year, plus two (2) percentage points.
Maryland Residents Only:
Some discounts under the Physician and Hospital Referral Plan are not applicable in Maryland. Discounts are not available for all In-Patient procedures and certain Out- patient Procedures under Maryland law. Out-patient procedures at network hospitals such as laboratory and diagnostic services are eligible for the discount.
Massachusetts Residents Only:
This medical discount plan does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under Massachusetts law.
North Carolina Residents Only:
AmeriPlan® Corporation maintains a surety bond in compliance with N.C.G.S. 66-135 with Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America, 1 Tower Sq., Hartford, CT 06183. You, the member, may cancel this contract at any time prior to midnight of the third business day after the date you receive this member agreement and guide. To cancel you must notify the company in writing of your intent to cancel.
The discount medical plans of AmeriPlan® offer a reduction in the cost of medical, dental, vision, pharmaceutical and chiropractic services. AmeriPlan® discount benefit programs are not insurance, nor are they an alternative to or substitution for insurance coverage. Since they are not health insurance, members must use AmeriPlan® providers and members are responsible for payment to the AmeriPlan® providers at point of service of discount healthcare fees incurred. If you currently have insurance, you should be aware that canceling that policy may make it difficult to later obtain coverage. AmeriPlan® recommends that you speak to your insurance agent or your company's insurance administrator before canceling any health insurance policy for any reason.