Discount Dental Plans
The True Advantage Dental Discount Plan powered by the Aetna Dental Access® Network is a discount program that provides the following:
- Members may take advantage of savings through the Aetna Dental Access® Network, one of the largest, most recognized discount dental networks in the nation.
- Members will have access to discounted services and in most instances, can save 15% to 50% per visit on everything from general dentistry to root canals, crowns and orthodontia at over 158,000* available dental practice locations nationwide.
* Dental Counts as of December 2014 Aetna Enterprise Provider Database.
** The select regional average cost represents the average fees for the procedures listed above in Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago and New York City as displayed in the Estimate Cost of Care Tool as of August 2014.***Actual costs and savings may vary by provider, service and geographic location. The average cost with Vital Savings by Aetna is the average of the negotiated fees for the cities referenced above.
Participants must pay health care providers directly
This is NOT insurance.
Actual discounts will vary based on the geographic location of the dental provider and the services provided.
Careington provides access to Aetna Dental Access® network. This network is administered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC). Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates offers or administers the Careington membership. Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates is an affiliate, agent, representative or employee of Careington International Corporation. Dental providers are independent contractors and not employees or agents of ALIC or its affiliates. ALIC does not provide dental care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes.
DMPO: Careington International Corporation: 7400 Gaylord PKWY, Frisco, TX 75034, (800) 290-0523.
|Product/Service||Select Regional Average Cost**||Average Cost with Aetna Dental Access***||Member Savings|
|Periodic Oral Exam||$61||$32||$29|
|Comprehensive Oral Exam||$96||$45||$51|
|X-Ray, Bitewings - Four Films||$71||$38||$33|
|Sealant (Per Tooth)||$67||$32||$35|
|Filling â€“ One Surface Resin Filling, Front Tooth||$182||$94||$88|
|Root Canal Molar Excluding Final Restoration||$1,120||$784||$336|
|Complete Upper Denture||$1,310||$937||$373|
Dental Discount Plans
True Advantage Plan Information
Perhaps you are looking for a way to save on dental services.
*Not all plans available in all areas.
What is a Discount Dental Program?
A discount dental plan is NOT dental insurance, but it can help you save money on dental services. Unlike a dental insurance policy, you will not have set co-payments or coinsurance amounts with a discount dental plan. The payments that you make to purchase a discount dental plan are considered a membership fee, and as a member of the discount dental plan you are able to receive dental services from a specific list of dentists at the discounted rates.
With a discount dental plan, members are responsible for payment of services, and payments are made directly to the participating dentist when services are received. Participating dentists agree to provide services at a discounted rate in exchange for the referrals that come to them from the discount dental plan company.
Members of a discount dental plan are only entitled to discounts if they use a participating dentist. The list of participating dentists is typically comparable to a list of dentists under a dental PPO insurance plan and more extensive than the list of participating dentists under a dental HMO insurance plan.
Discount dental plans may offer savings that may not be available with typical dental insurance. These may include no annual limit, no exclusions, and lower monthly payments. Membership in a discount dental plan is usually gained through an annual payment, but some plans accept monthly payment arrangements.
- Careington provides access to Aetna Dental Access® Network. This network is administered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC). Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates offers or administers the Careington membership. Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates is an affiliate, agent, representative, or employee of Careington International Corporation. Dental providers are independent contractors and not employees or agents of ALIC or its affiliates. ALIC does not provide dental care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes.
- Careington International Corporation
7400 Gaylord PKWY, Frisco, TX 75034