About Delta Dental
Delta Dental is America’s largest, most experienced dental benefits carrier. They offer national dental coverage with dental benefits programs for a wide range of employers, large and small, as well as individual dental coverage.
As the first company to specialize in dental benefits, Delta Dental is passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Their core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to their customers, partners and consumers through the dental benefits programs and philanthropic efforts of their 39 independent member companies. These member companies provide coverage to over 54 million people, enrolled in over 89,000 groups.
For over 50 years, Delta Dental has worked to improve the oral health of Americans by emphasizing preventative care and making dental coverage affordable to a wide variety of employers, groups and individuals.
- Delta Dental member companies serve over one-quarter of the estimated 173 million Americans with dental insurance, providing national dental coverage to over 54 million people in over 89,000 groups.
- Delta Dental Premier offers a network of dentists that encompasses more than 128,000 dentists and over 198,000 office locations -- the largest network in the country.
- Delta Dental PPO has a national network of more than 68,000 dentists practicing in over 119,000 locations.
- DeltaCare USA has over 22,000 dentist office locations.
- Delta Dental member companies posted approximately $15 billion in premium revenue during fiscal year 2008, the system's 29th consecutive year of financial gains.
- In 2008, Delta Dental member companies processed over 81 million dental claims, or approximately 1.5 million every week, with an accuracy rate of 99.5 percent.
- Delta Dental's unique cost-control measures and contractual agreements with dentists help to ensure quality care at moderate fees, collectively saving subscribers with group dental coverage over $6.6 billion in 2008.
*Not all plans available in all areas.