About Anthem Blue Cross of California
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands are the nation's oldest and largest family of health benefits companies and the most recognized brands in the health insurance industry.
Over the past 80 years, we've grown from our humble beginnings assuring hospital care to Texas teachers and providing physician care to lumber and mine workers in the Pacific Northwest. Now we're the largest health benefits provider in America, serving nearly 100 million people in all regions of the country. Anthem’s Central Region offers residents of Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Missouri and Wisconsin a wide variety of innovative and affordable health coverage plan options.
We'd like to share with you some of the highlights of our history as well as the exciting programs and campaigns that make us the biggest and the best today.
- Provides coverage for nearly 100 million individuals - one-in-three Americans
- Covers one of every three Americans
- Includes 39 Plans in 50 states, DC, and Puerto Rico
- Contracts with more hospitals and physicians than any other insurer
- Sells insurance products to all sectors in the health insurance market
- Nationwide, more than 90 percent of hospitals and 80 percent of physicians contract with BCBS companies – more than any other insurer
Today, the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Brands are registered in more than 170 countries.
Mission and Philosophy
Our mission is to improve the health of the people we serve. At Anthem, we believe the best health care coverage can actually help people stay healthy. That's why we go beyond simply providing coverage. We help encourage members' wellness by:
- Offering large networks of some of the region's best physicians, specialists and hospitals.
- Reminding members to have important preventive screenings.
- Providing programs and information to help manage chronic health conditions.
- Offering related services including dental coverage, life insurance and pharmacy benefits management.
We work with physicians, hospitals and other providers to help ensure that care is accessible, coordinated, timely, and provided in a manner and setting that helps promote positive member- provider relationships.
Comprehensive dental benefits for you and your family.
Regular dental checkups and cleanings are important to your overall health. They also help you feel better about yourself. That’s why they’re 100% covered within your plan network by Dental Blue.
No matter which plan you choose, the network will include some of the best dental care around. Dental Blue has thousands of dentists, and every one is a credentialed provider. Also, every contracted specialist (such as oral surgeons and periodontists) can be found in all three Dental Blue network tiers.
That’s how we make it easy for you and your family to get the dental care and treatment you need.
So you can get the smile you want.