About Ameritas Dental Insurance
As one of the nation's top providers of affordable dental and eye care products and services, Ameritas Group serves more than 41,000 employer groups covering 3.5 million insured members nationwide. Ameritas Group is a division of Ameritas Life insurance Corp., which consistently earns high ratings for financial strength and stability from independent insurance industry analysts.
Ameritas Group is marketed and administered by HealthPlan Services, a leading managed health care services company that provides distribution, enrollment, billing and collection, claims, administration, and risk management services for health care payers and providers. HPS customers include insurance companies, HMOs and other managed care organizations, and organizations with self-funded healthcare plans. Based in Tampa, Florida, the company serves over 100,000 businesses, covering over 1.6 million members in the United States.
Our process is very simple: we do whatever it takes to help our customers get the care they need. And whatever it takes includes:
- Processing more than 3.6 million dental claims each year.
- Having a claims processing turnaround time of 90% in 5-7 working days.
- Being so meticulous that our accuracy of processed claims exceeds 99%.
- Putting into place a high-tech electronic claims system specifically designed for processing dental claims.
- Accurately processing customized deductibles, coinsurance levels, maximums and claim allowance.
Facts at a Glance
Established in 1887, Ameritas Life offers more than a century of insurance industry expertise and superior customer service.
- Coverage Area:
Over 41,000 employer groups, insuring more than 3.5 million people nationwide
Nearly 80,000 PPO Provider Access Points
Awards and Recognition
- A (Excellent)-A.M. Best Company.
For financial strength and operating performance. The third highest of Best's 15 ratings.
- AA- (Very Strong)-Standard & Poor’s.
For insurer financial strength. The fourth highest of S&P’s 21 ratings.